Enjoy a presentation given by Ted Dudra, a historical reenactor. Fort Laurens in Bolivar is the only American Revolution fort built in the Ohio territory. Register to receive a Zoom link.
Fort Laurens was an active military fort from late November, 1778 to early August, 1779. Fort Laurens was built on the west bank of the Tuscarawas River near what is now Bolivar, Ohio. American Revolution General Lachlan McIntosh named the fort in honor of the President of the Continental Congress, Henry Laurens.