The Copley Township Historical Society will host an open house at their 1891 train depot on Saturday from 1-4 p.m.
Visitors to the depot can see where passengers once waited for their trains and where the stationmaster once worked, as well as an air-powered replica of a steam engine, coal car and caboose, handmade by Edward Shepherd of Cuyahoga Falls.
The 1947 caboose is believed to be one of only six remaining cabooses from that production.
The Copley Historical Society formed around the train depot, coming together to restore this piece of history to its former glory after it sat unused from 1954-74.
Located at 3700 Copley Rd., the train depot offers educational entertainment for families and anyone interested in learning about Copley’s past.