Connect with emerging and established professionals to review your portfolio.
Show us your designs, presentations, websites, resumes, and more.
Open to creatives and marketers of all levels.?
Whether you are fresh out of school or a multi-year pro, all work needs a little refresh sometimes. AAF-Akron is hosting a free, online peer-review of whatever your “portfolio” means to you. From design to demo reels to resumes – we want to see it!
Each participant will sign up for a series of 20-minute time slots where they will be paired with one other person at a time. Pairs will take turns sharing their work and offering each other helpful feedback and critiques. (Don’t worry, this will all be explained in detail when you register!)
As part of AAF-Akron’s efforts to help ALL marketers and creatives get back on their feet, this event will be open to both members and non-members. But PARTICIPATION WILL BE LIMITED TO 30, so make sure you get signed up!
What to bring:?
• Yourself – Ready to Impress?
This will be great practice for future online, digital interviews. You can get used to speaking about yourself and your work with new people screen to screen.
• Suggested attire – ?Business Casual on Top, Party on the Bottom.
• A Digital Copy of Your Work to be Reviewed?
This could mean a design portfolio, writing portfolio, video demo reel, resume or any collective piece of work that you would like to have reviewed.?Suggested file formats include PDFs for printed materials and MP4s for video files.
• A Critical Eye and Some Helpful Feedback!?
You will not only be reviewed – you will also be a reviewer!
These 360-style sessions will allow you to sit in both seats and gain valuable experience talking about all types of campaigns and marketing collateral.
Participants will also receive:?
• Access to a private Slack Channel for event participants to continue connecting and sharing feedback.
• A resource guide full of helpful information about topics like resumes, getting noticed while working remotely and interviewing online.
Registration deadline: Aug. 7?