Working In Progress, Inc.
"Call to Action"
Young Men’s Conference
Mapping Your Future Through Your Life Choices
March 12, 2011 – 9am to 3pm
University of Akron, Student Union, 3rd Floor
Akron, Ohio - The Call to Action Young Men’s Conference is to provide a forum to discuss solutions that young black males face today centering around education, teen fatherhood, incarceration, and positive male role models. By addressing these relevant issues, WIP aims to bridge the gap between our youth and the community. Though, our ultimate goal is to empower youth to become leaders and expose them to fundamental life skills that will allow for effective decision making and upward mobility
When: Saturday, March 12, 2011
Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
Where: University of Akron, Student Union Ballroom, 3rd Floor
· Key Note Speaker: David Miller, Chief Visionary Officer & Co-Founder of the Urban Leadership Institute
· Sessions for the youth and panel discussion "The State of the Young Black Male".
· This Conference is Free!!! For males ages 6 to Adults * Door Prizes
· Parents/Adults Encouraged to Attend (There will be a session for the parents)
· Registration & Continental Breakfast starts at 8:30am with Catered Lunch Provided
· Open Registration for the Public and Vendor's Starts November 29, 2010 - Deadline February 19, 2011
For Vendor Registration and make a donation go to www.workinginprogress.org
To Register go to www.workinginprogress.org Click on Registration tab.
Questions call: (330) 474-WIP2 (9472) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Working In Progress, Inc (WIP). WIP is a 501(c) 3 non-profit social service agency that is designed to reduce the risk of poverty by providing successful transition programs for youth ages 12 to 18 in the Akron community. WIP prepares and enables our youth to make the transition from the world of high school to the world of adulthood through coordinated activities based on the students’ developmental needs, such as his or her career preferences and educational goals .
For Additional Information
Contact Tammy Monroe
Working In Progress (330) 474-9472